30 December 2011

FEED-BACK: HCE Spec Affinity X 6wt, 4pc 10'er...

Some feedback from Adam L on the HCE Spec Affinity X 6wt 10'er...


"Had an extended play with TJ's 6 weight 10 foot Affinity X yesterday. Was very impresed.
When HCE builds a rod you know it's going to be a quality build and of course I wasn't dissapointed. Fantastic colour on the blank.
When I first started to cast it I took some time to get used to the jump up to the 10 foot length but once I did I could comfortably cast the full GPX. 
Man I was having fun with it...giggling like a child. And when I finally hooked a fish I could feel the fish through the rod. 
The best thing was that where I was fishing I sometimes have backcast issues on my longer casts with catching tall grass behind me (which is entirely my casting technique problem!), but not yesterday. Even when I was getting tired at 10pm when I find the most problems occur, not once did I catch the grass...
Really enjoyed it!! If you get a chance, have a cast of this beast. It is certainly more powerful than my TCR but still responsive.


- Adam L. - Melbourne Vic. (Magpie)



Thanks Adam! Great feedback and very much appreciated! Glad you enjoyed fishing with the rod so much mate!  (Tony & TJ)
TJ's personal favourite lake rod! - You'll have to mug him for a cast now! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I'll need a flick when we tackle the mudeye feeders @ Tullaroop - certainly keen to see the beast in action - hopefully with a fighting brownie attached!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you're seeing? We appreciate your feedback so go on, leave us a comment! Like to share your fly rod ideas? We are listening!